Sunday, October 21, 2012

Update

A few weeks ago I got sick once again, and had a pretty severe reaction that ended in using my EpiPens.  Additionally, my seasonal allergies are at their worst in October, which has most likely contributed to my difficulties. Since my reaction, I haven't been able to handle 16 peanuts and many nights have ended in stomach aches and throwing up, even after cutting my dose in half. 

So, Dr. Nadeau decided it would be best if I went down from 4000 milligrams (16 peanuts) to 1000 milligrams (4 peanuts) at least until this allergy season is over. Throughout this and next month, I'll be slowly increasing my dose. 

On the other hand, my parents and I have discusses the possibility that I may not ever be able to handle 4000 milligrams without symptoms. But even if I end up only able to eat four peanuts, I think that is still a pretty remarkable success. The goal for me was never to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, but just to be able to be able to eat without having to worry about cross contamination.  



No comments:

Post a Comment