Monday, July 2, 2012

I Just Don't Like Peanut Butter


My very first Reese's Peanut Butter Cup




The face pretty much says it all. 



"You mean you've never tried a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?" 

It was something I'd grown up hearing. For some reason, even though most people were well aware that I was severely allergic to peanuts, this fact always came as an utter shock. My life was apparently incomplete because I'd never had the pleasure of tasting the holy grail of peanut butter and chocolate. 

So when I tried Reese's for the first time, I had high expectations to say the least. 

But it just... didn't taste that good. And the truth is, I have nothing against Reese's, I just don't like peanut butter. I don't like the taste, and because when I eat it I still have mild reactions (like coughing, itchy throat, stomach ache, etc) I definitely don't like the way it makes me feel. 

 I imagine it's like tasting coffee for the first time. Peanut butter is an acquired taste, only it doesn't seem that way because most people are introduced to it at a young age. 

So hopefully it'll grow on me. Because I'll be eating it every single day for the rest of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment