Saturday, January 21, 2012

Second Double Blind Food Challenge


0.1 milligrams of mystery nut flour


mixing 


AP U.S History all day, every day... 


6 milligrams of mystery nut flour
(where I reacted during my first challenge)


Filling out a dose escalation sheet


Some questions they ask me after each dose about my eyes, nose, throat, stomach, etc 

On January 10th, I had my second double blind challenge. This time, it went a lot more smoothly and I had no reaction. The method for escalating my doses was as follows (the same dose escalation I experience at every double blind challenge): 

0.1 milligrams at 9:00 am - no reaction
1.6 milligrams at 9:15 am - no reaction
6 milligrams at 9:45 am - no reaction 
25 milligrams at 10:30 am - no reaction
50 milligrams at 11:30 am - no reaction
100 milligrams at 12:30 pm - no reaction 
12:30 pm - 2:30 pm - observation, no reaction 

By the end of the day I had ingested 100 milligrams of mystery nut flour or placebo. I'm guessing this was the placebo. I'll find out during my last challenge which is this Tuesday the 24th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment